Sunday, February 12, 2017

Over the past ten years, technology in classrooms has changed a lot. About ten years ago, I was in the fourth grade and I remember my teacher always having to roll out her projector on a stand that had wheels on it. It took up so much room that half of the students would have to move their desks to the side to make space for it. Now, almost every single classroom has a small projector hanging from the ceiling that is connected to the teacher's computer. These projectors are a lot more convenient than the ones they used to have. Also, in the elementary that I went to, there is now an iPad lab that students go to once a week and I guess just play on iPads. When I was in elementary I don't think I even knew what an iPad was. My brother, who currently goes to the same high school I graduated from, has a thing called a chromebook that he does all of his school work on. A chromebook, which is like a laptop, is assigned to each student in his high school at the beginning of the school year and the students complete all of their work and submit it using the chromebook. When I was in high school, just two years ago, I submitted almost all of my work on paper and barely had to use a computer to do anything. It is crazy to think how much the technology in my high school has changed since I have graduated just two short years ago.
Here is a link to an article that introduces different ways of incoroparting technology into your classroom: https://www.edutopia.org/technology-integration-guide-implementation


No comments:

Post a Comment